Excerpts from the March 1960 diary of Dorothy Batt Cleverly (1915–1982). The full text of her diary can be found online at Dorothy's Idaho Diaries and is updated daily, exactly 50 years to the day after it was originally written. The family at the time lived on a 40-acre farm in the Deer Flat area south of Nampa, Idaho.
Tues, Mar 22. Came home & read paper & went to bed & Ivard tended Debbie & Jackie. I got up at 12:45 & bathed girls & got them ready & we went to relief society. Ivard went to sleep & blew out a tractor tire.
Wed, Mar 23. At 9:30 school called & said Dean had fainted. Ivard got up & we went after him. He was really limp. Ivard carried him out to car. fixed him on davenport & he felt better in little while, wasn't sick or didn't hurt any place. don't know what could be wrong.
Thurs, Mar 24. Dean feels OK today but we kept him home to be sure.
Fri, Mar 25. I called Dr. Farber, child specilist & nurse said to bring Dean in at 10:30 so he bathed & I took him. He really gave him a good check over, blood analices & all, $10.50, he has nothing wrong, slight low blood pressure but within normal range. no kidney trouble, dibetis, lukemia or any thing. said his fainting could have been too hot a room while he was singing.
Sat, Mar 26. started having family prayers. We all fasted but Jackie for Jerrys missionary work.
Sun, Mar 27. I came home from work and went to bed. Ivard was up & had finished planting hay. Ivard, Gene & Ray went to priesthood & I got up at 11: & got ready & me & little Kids went to sunday school.
Mon, Mar 28. Finished reading Book of Mormon.
No comments:
Post a Comment