The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.

Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.

Monday, March 15, 2010

1 It's census time

As we wrote last week, we urge each of you to cooperate fully and to complete and return the census questionnaire when it comes this week to a mailbox near you. It's every bit as much a civic duty as voting in elections, which every responsible adult citizen should do. This year's form asks only ten basic questions, including name, gender, age, date of birth, race, and home ownership status.

I also renew last week's invitation to Lyle, Lynda (for Gail's family), Kay, Gene, Sheryl (for Ray's family), Dale, and Jackie (or someone representing them in each of these families) to respond by telling us how many are currently in their branch of the family.

I've tried through the years to keep track of everyone for purposes of this newsletter, but I am not at all certain I have an accurate count of how many of us there are these days. So, we are conducting our own family census. By e-mail or letter please send me an up-to-date list by April 1 of each person in your family listing four things: full name of each person, gender, birth date, and current city/state of residence. Optionally, it would also be helpful to include an e-mail address for any who have such.

No comments: