Jerry
Jerry called yesterday to report that he and Jim had moved to the northwest part of Boise, to a trailer that Jim had purchased in mid-February. Their new address is 5451 N Glenbrier Lane, Boise, ID 83714-2321.
I told Jerry that nearly two weeks ago I met someone who remembered him from the distant past. I was on an elevator in the Church Administration Building when President Thomas S. Monson got on the elevator on the first floor. I was introduced to him as Dean Cleverly, and President Monson responded, "Cleverly. I had an Elder Cleverly in my mission in Canada."
"That would be my brother," I responded. Then we got to the basement level, and everyone got off the eleveator, and that ended our brief encounter. A very young President Monson was Jerry's mission president in Canada back in the late 1950s. That's a long, long time to remember someone.
Dean's family
Last Monday I woke up with an aching tooth. My dentist was not in the office that day, but I was able to get in the next morning. He concluded I needed a root canal and scheduled it for first thing Wednesday morning. He said it would take two hours. It took a little over three hours, and I still have to return this Wednesday to have more work done. And the pain still hasn't gone away.
But on the brighter side, all of our out-of-state children are coming to visit this week. Paul, Eliza, and their two boys arrive midday Monday from Atlanta. Rachael and her three girls arrive Tuesday night from southern Illinois (husband Robert cannot come). And Chris, Camilla, and their son arrive early Wednesday morning from Everett. And they are bringing Talmage's son Ben, who also lives in Washington. We are so very excited.
The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.
Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.
Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment