The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.

Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.

Monday, February 15, 2010

7 A final word

Is anyone out there? Two weeks ago, following a brief interruption when our Internet service was down, I published the following as the final word:
The little hiatus caused me to reflect on ways we might improve this newsletter that I have been cranking out for the past thirty-six and a half years. I wondered if publishing on a different day of the week than Monday would be better. I wondered if there should be different items than the ones we regularly feature.

You are the readers. Let me know what you think. What you do like. What you don't. What you think would make this ongoing history of our family even better. Feel free to post comments or send me a letter or call me on the phone (no anonymous bricks through the window please), and we'll see what we can do.
Interestingly, I did not receive a single comment. Perhaps no one ever reads this anyway. Or you are all perfectly satisfied. Or . . .

6 comments:

Kay and Karen Cleverly said...

I know the time will come when you won´t be able to continue. I don´t want to think about that but would hope that someone out there could continue on. I definetly don´t want you to discontinue this. I look forward every Monday morning for the newsletter. I particularly enjoy your final word. I tell everyone that you are the best speaker. Also continue to keep us fed spiritually. We love you for all that you do, say and stand for. Keep up the good work. I am glad and proud that you are my brother.

Sharae said...

We read it every week. You do a wonderful job and I wouldn't change it at all. Thanks for all the hard work you do.

Eliza said...

I'm a faithful reader too! I talked to you on the phone about it so that's why I didn't comment. I think it is great as is but if it's easier on a different day of the week than by all means switch days.

Love you Daddy!

RCH said...

I read it! But I didn't have anything helpful to say, and plus I'm just a lazy commenter generally. :-)

~B. said...

What? No comments? Unfortunately that seems to be pretty common. I'm a lazy commenter too. Sorry. I'm trying to be better though.

Sarah said...

I look forward to the weekly newsletter. I amazed and grateful for your talent and persistence. Many times your words are exactly what I need. Thanks so much for doing such an amazing job!!!