The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.

Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2 Quote of the week

"Let me get this straight . . . we just passed a health care plan . . . written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, . . . passed by a Congress that hasn’t read it . . . but exempts themselves from it, . . . signed by a president who also hasn’t read it . . . and who smokes, . . . with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, . . . all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, . . . and financed by a country that’s broke.  What could possibly go wrong?"


Anonymous

3 comments:

Eliza said...

So funny and soooo sad, really. :S

Unknown said...

I often wonder how the majority would view this debate if they were self-employed and unable to purchase health insurance because of pre-existing conditions. Forced to lose their home and file bankruptcy because of medical costs.

I have seen that in my family. Being self-insured, I know what it means to fear the power insurance companies to rescind a policy.

This new legislation, blemishes and all, represents a flicker of hope.

~B. said...

Well I was self employed without any insurance and a pre-existing condition that resulted in astronomical medical bills. So I know what its like to be on that side Pete, but I don't agree that the current bill is the answer. Far from it.