The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.

Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.

Monday, June 22, 2009

7 A final word

On Saturday, June 20, our daughter Rebecca Hoff posted this comment and the accompanying picture: "We have had an unusually wet beginning of June. It has pretty much rained for about two weeks. Some people feel like a duck, some people feel like they need a boat. But I've loved it!"


By the way, I've loved it too. And I'm a summer person. This, to my way of thinking, is what early summer should be like.

The Pacific Northwest, on the other hand, has been unusually dry. I guess their typical weather pattern has shifted down our way, giving Idaho and Utah their cooler-than-normal, wetter-than-normal weather.

The Good Book reminds us, "In every thing give thanks" (1 Thessalonians 5:18). We should be grateful for the moisture, we should be grateful for the moderate temperatures, we should give thanks for all that a kind and merciful Father chooses to send our way. And, if it had been hot and dry instead, we should be thankful for that too.

Heavenly Father, the giver of all good gifts, surely appreciates it when we have an attitude of gratitude. It wears better than the whining, complaining discontent that we childish mortals too often engage in. And it makes us feel better too.

No comments: