
Mon, Nov 24. I came home from work & ate a little & went to bed. I washed 2 batches of clothes & Gene got supper & we made 3 batches of cranberry relish. Kay went to play practice.
Tues, Nov 25. Dean & Dale had D.P.T. booster shot. I came home from work & helped hold Turkey while Ivard killed him then went to bed & Ivard cleaned him, dressed out 24 lbs. I got up at 1: & Jackie & I went to relief society. I picked Kids up after school & Dean & Dale had sore arms from shots, I forgot to take Jackie. Ray got supper.
Wed, Nov 26. Got letter from Jerry. We are off for next 5 days. Came home from work & Ivard helped me get stuff ready & I made 4 carrot puddings. Jackie & I went to bed & had nap then I got up & made 3 pumpkin pies & 2 shells & Gene helped me make cranberry jello salad. Kay, Gene & Ray went to Mutual, Rays class went swimming.
Thurs, Nov 27. I got up at 7: & put Turkey on & made waffles for breakfast. At noon Ivard, Kay, & Gene went to Boise to B.J.C. Tyler Texas foot ball game. I spent all day copying my story to mail True Experience $15,000 contest. I made dressing, candied yams, & gravey. We ate at 5:30. Gene did chores and Bob & Fran came and took Kay & Claudia over to Stake dance. I went to bed early. I was tired from writeing all day.
Fri, Nov 28. Kay went over to school to senior breakfast & play practice & Ivard and Gene went up & fixed tractor tire. I took Ray selling cards, he sold all but 2 boxes.
Sat, Nov 29. Got letter from Jerry. Tom give Gene $28. for chores & I took him to town & he did all his Xmas shopping. We came home at dark & Ray had house cleaned. Ray & Gene did chores & Ray did dishes. Kay went ward teaching.
Sun, Nov 30. Ivard came home from work & went to bed. Kids all went to sunday school, priesthood & fast meeting. Had to wake Ivard up to help get cows in. Had dinner read when Kids got home at 2: & we ate & Ivard left for work at 3: I wrote all afternoon, 6 letters & got diary up. My last night off.
2 comments:
Boise Junior College won the game 22-0 over Tyler, Texas Junior college. BJC was the National Champions for the NJCAA in 1958.
It's kind of interesting that their season ended around thanksgiving while the bowl games now go through December and into January.
-Randy
I remember that game. It was so cold I could hardly walk to the car after the game. My feet were so cold. I don´t remember Gene being there.
Post a Comment