Lyle's family
Lyle called last Tuesday evening to report that he had been having eye problems over the past month or so, pretty much since Labor Day. On Tuesday, September 29, he had surgery to remove a cataract. The operation was apparently successful, since he now has 20-20 vision in that eye.
Lyle reported that Terry is back working, but Randy is not yet. Randy's wife Valerie teaches school.
Lyle works with single seniors in his stake or ward (I don't remember which), and they were planning to go on a tour of the Owhyee Dam, including going inside the dam and such. On an earlier occasion they took a train ride. He said it was a first train ride for some of the people.
Gail's family
Michelle Duay posted last Tuesday something every mom can identify with: "I really enjoy the quiet of the day when my Melanie and Zander are napping and Michael is off to school. It tends to rejuvinate me. I normally spend this 3 hours running around the house cleaning up the mess the kids spent the whole morning making, only to have it back to their normal mess by dinner, but today I have decided to take a relax day. I am sitting here next to little Melanie and am going to join her for a nap. I love my children and I love sleep."
Kay's family
Like probably all mothers everywhere, Andrea, whose birthday is today, told her children last week that she would love a clean house for her birthday: Andrea wrote: "Every year I tell my kids the best thing they could get me is a clean house, of course this does not appeal to them, but truly would that not be fabulous present. So I made a list of everything I would like done before my birthday. The list is for them and we have about thirty-five things on it." Click here to learn about Operation Happy Birthday at the McAllisters' house.
Nicolle posted last Wednesday: "Today we were able to go on a field trip to a dairy farm for Easton's preschool. Gretchen thought she was pretty cool and I am pretty sure she thinks she is in school now just like Easton. I learned a few things on this field trip:
"1. I am glad that my parents weren't dairy farmers. They both grew up on farms and decided that life wasn't for them I guess. I would have hated it.
"2. I am glad I am human and not a cow. Those poor cows have babies once a year.
"3. My kids aren't huge animal lovers when you are up close and personal with animals. I guess they are more like their mother and prefer them in cages and stuff."
Click here to read more and see pictures of silly faces.
Dean's family
Cade and Rebecca's three-year-old Hyrum was diagnosed with the swine flu this past Wednesday. Fortunately for Hyrum, it was a mild case, and it didn't prevent a subsequent family trip to Hawaii.
Camilla last Tuesday posted: "The other day we decided to go have a picnic at the park. It was pretty busy, and we heard probably four different languages being spoken all around us. We love living in Washington!" She then listed six reasons why she loves Washington. Read more to find out what they are.
And then she adds: "Have we sold any of you on Washington yet? Our next goal is to convince all of you family members to make the move and join us! That would be the best, and make us love Washington even more!"
Dale's family
Keisha posted on Saturday (punctuated as she wrote it): "Monday morning i woke up with a nasty sore throat and a cough...and i was like shoot... no more flip flops...anyway so i thought i was a little cold and i would feel better in a few days...well i go to school come home and go like straight to bed the next day...and then wednesday i had to leave school early cuz i had a fever, was dizzy and had really sore muscles.......so we figured out i had the swine flu! ugh how fun! NOT. Then the DOCTORS told us they were only treating people who had emergencies...like couldn't breath..couldn't wake up (isn't that dead???) or developed a rash...so since i could breath most of the time...wasn't dead or didn't have a rash...i didn't qualify to get treated...it kinda sucks." Read more.
The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.
Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.
Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment