The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.

Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.

Monday, September 14, 2009

4 Bits and tidbits

We're going a little short on this week's Bits and Tidbits on account of the surgery I had this past week and subsequent recovery. I haven't had the oomph to track anything down.

Last Wednesday morning, just as I was walking out the door at work to go to the hospital to have my new pacemaker installed, I received a telephone call from Peru. Kay's wife Karen was on the other end and wished me well before putting the mission president's wife on the phone to talk to me. It was good to talk to Karen and to know that I was being remembered in their prayers.

Our son-in-law Cade Hoff was in a car accident Friday night not far from where he lives in Layton, Utah. The cars in front of him were stopping at a railroad crossing, and he wasn't paying sufficient attention to avoid smashing into the back of the car just in front of him. His only injuries were on his arm, and they resulted from the airbag deploying.

We were told that John and Morgan [Gail and Lynda's family] had their baby recently, but we have no details yet. We hope to find out more by next week's issue.

No comments: