The sound of football's in the air again
As a friend observed on Facebook, "I may not always understand it, but I do love the sound of football." The sound is back.
In opening games this past week, on Thursday night Utah beat Pittsburgh in overtime 27-24, on Saturday night BYU beat Washington 23-17, and last night Boise State beat Virginia Tech 33-30. That should have made most everyone happy. Any other teams out there you care about?
As Eliza Cleverly Challis posted after staying up late in Atlanta to watch Utah's opening game against Philadelphia, "I was already a nauseated pregnant lady before the game, but with a game that close and into overtime certainly didn't help matters . . . but no worries, the Utes get the win, and I didn't barf."
The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.
Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.
Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment