The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.

Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.

Monday, February 16, 2009

1 Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has come and gone for another year, but we captured these Valentine posts from the blogs of various family members:

From Kay (serving in Peru)


"Yesterday was Valentine Day. I went to the grocery store for Karen and picked up this floral arrangement.

"Flowers are quite reasonable. On our way to the stake presidents meeting last night, Sister Elmer bought 92 roses from a street vendor for about $9.00. Where could you do that back home on Valentine's Day?"


From Kira (Dale and LeAnn's family)

"in honor of this special day i just ate a heart shaped sugar cookie for breakfast and now i am going to treat myself to a nice relaxing bath. i think the best part of today is the fact that things are crazy at work and it is my day off! life is great."


From Andrea (Kay and Claudia's family)


"I love holidays some more than others but I am a fan of Valentine's Day. I don't know if it's because how much fun it was for me as a kid or if it's just because i think it is awesome to have a holiday where we celebrate our love for the ones we love.

"When I was a kid we would deliver our Valentines to all our friends and cousins and we would get to door bell ditch as we left them. We would get cup cakes from Grandma. And sugar cookies from our cousins. and my Mom made popcorn balls shaped like hearts. We would have a Valentine dinner with a heart shape meat loaf and all. When I was younger my Mom would help me make my Valentines. I remember when we started buying them and we thought how cool that was."

"Anyway, the kids and I had a great time making our Valentines. We made i-pods, 106 of them to be exact. They were really cute and everyone helped. The i-pod is a box of sweet tarts and the ear buds are peanut butter cups.






"Marshal really did have fun helping. When I pulled out the camera he would do the teenage 'Mom's making me do this' face.






"Charly got to do a Valentine's box this year at school. She made a stop light that said 'STOP in the name of Love.' Her box won first place in her class contest.

"Hope you all have a Happy Valentines Day!"


From Eliza (Dean and Claudia's family)

"Our original plans for Valentine's Day were a bust. We were planning on attending our Ward's Valentine's Dance. The dance was for adults only. What we didn't fit into our love day plans was sick kiddos. Peter has come down with a nasty cold. It started with a fever and has moved on to some serious coughing and congestion... Aaron also has quite a bit of congestion (making for some loooong nights) and a bit of a cough too.

"Paul and I had been really excited to go to the dance. But we didn't feel right leaving little sick kiddos behind. So, our plans changed.

"Paul and I still got all dressed up to stay in. And the dance came to us. I strung up some white lights and cut out hearts (Peter called it a 'heart Christmas') and we dimmed the lights and turned on the music. A sampling of our dance playlist included: Two People Fellin Love by Brad Paisley, Calling You by Blue October, Lovers of Loving Love by The Aquabats, I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder, Love Song by Sara Baraeilles, Bless the Broken Road by Rascall Flatts, etc.

"And you know what, Valentine's Day 2009 now ranks as my favorite Valentine's Day to date! I loved every minute of it. It was so fun + sweet + romantical to dance in the living room with Paul and Peter and our make-do dance decorations and music... something about the simplicity of it all and being with the ones I love the very most. I told Paul last night how much I love the stage of life we're in right now with our young kids. I know one day I'll miss these moments, snotty noses, coughs and all.


"Oh yeah, and the ward dance party was going to have couple photos taken too... so we did one ourselves. Here is our prom-style Valentine's Day pose. I seriously heart my eternal boyfriend and date. He's so handsome and just so gosh darn fun to be with. I'm a lucky girl.


No comments: