Recent news from family members
Kay was
released in July after serving for five years as bishop of his ward in
Hurricane. He had two grandsons marry this summer: Marshal McAllister (Chuck
and Andrea’s son) married Savannah Moon on July 28, and Austin Cleverly (Kyle
and Melissa’s son) married Lexi Hesen on July 30.
Austin posted on August 26: “What a great week! I just got hired as a
physical therapy aide! I can finally get experience and take the next step
towards my future career!”
Two
missionaries (that we know of) are currently serving from the family: Ryan
Cleverly (Chad and Melissa’s son) is serving in the Mexico City West Mission
and Caleb Cleverly (Michael and Shauna’s son) is currently in the São Paulo
MTC on his way to the Brazil Ribeirão Preto Mission.
Caleb’s
older sister, Meghan (Michael and Shauna’s daughter), set herself a goal to do
ordinance work in 16 temples during 2016. On August 23 she went through the
Boise Temple, her 15th, and on August 24 she went through the Twin Falls Temple,
her 16th. Goal completed.
While
Meghan, Claudia, and I were in Boise we had a nice visit with Jerry and Jim.
That evening 16 of us went to dinner at the Jade Garden, a Chinese buffet in
Nampa: Lyle and Nina; Gene and Cheryl, Kelley, and Ronnie; Dale and LeAnn and
Micah, Keisha, and Carson; Rex and Jackie; and Claudia, Meghan, and I. We had a
delightful evening visiting at the restaurant and afterward at Dale and LeAnn’s
house.
And
just four days later five of us got together at Lynda’s house in Ogden and went
to dinner at Chuck-a-Rama: Lynda, Kay, Karen, Claudia, and I. Another
delightful evening together!
No comments:
Post a Comment