The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.

Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.

Monday, October 1, 2012

1 Hanging it up

The Cleverly Newsletter currently appears in the early-morning hours on the first day of each month. A month ago, as a part of A Final Word, I wrote the following about the possible future of the newsletter:

"With our upcoming mission call beginning in January, we are either going to have to curtail what we have been doing with the newsletter, turn it over to someone else in the family, or discontinue it all together.

"That's where your present help is needed. Please weigh in on these (or even other) options. Please let us know what elements of the newsletter you particularly like. Or don't like. What you want us to keep? Or not keep? When you want to inherit this job? (I thought I'd just throw that in for any who want to execute a friendly takeover.)"

Having received no comments one way or the other, I have concluded that I will discontinue publication of the newsletter before we leave to go on our mission. Nearly 40 years. That's been a pretty fair run.

No comments: