Jazz coach resigns
In a surprise announcement on Thursday, February 11, Jerry Sloan stepped down after 23 seasons and 1,127 wins as coach of the Utah Jazz.
“I had a feeling this time was the time to move on,” an emotional Sloan said during the news conference. “[That's] a long time to be in one organization. Again, I've been blessed. Today is a new day. When I get this over with, I'll feel better. My time is up and it's time to move on."
Long-time assistant Phil Johnson also resigned. Jazz assistant Tyrone Corbin was named the new coach.
The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.
Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.
Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I still can't quite believe it...
Post a Comment