The Cleverly Newsletter has been published in hard copy since September 1973 and online since October 2008.

Currently posted the first day of each month by Ivard and Dorothy's seventh son, Dean B Cleverly. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcomed at dcleverly@gmail.com.

Monday, January 4, 2010

4 Bits and tidbits

Lyle's family
On Saturday I talked on the phone with Lyle. He was at Stan and Patty's place in Washington. He had traveled from Parma to Washington last Tuesday, December 29. He ran into snow while traveling through the Columbia River Gorge, but it had turned to rain by the time he reached Portland. Had he been a few hours earlier, he would have run into snow there and been caught in the thousand-car pileups that occurred on I-5 and I-205 from all the numerous fender benders. This week, depending on weather forecasts, he was going to drive on up to visit Terry and Becky's family.

Jerry
On Friday (New Year's Day) I talked on the phone with Jerry. Other than lingering health challenges, he seemed to be doing well. We had a nice visit. He mentioned that the week before (I think it was) Jackie had stopped by to visit him, and they had a three-hour visit. He greatly appreciated that.

No comments: